Many thanks to all who have donated their goods or services for our silent auction. We love our good neighbors! Please support us by posting the link to this page on your social media thingies. We appreciate all signal boosts!
FA Silent Auction starts at 6:30pm, December 14,
at the Radiance Dome, 108 Royal Way, Austin, TX 78737
This community potluck welcomes you even if you are not bringing food to share; please see this link for more info
Donated services and items so far:
- books by local authors
- Yeti drinkware (just added! so cool! so hot!)
- one-hour consultation with a public speaking coach
- one-hour consultation with a registered dietician
- one-hour consultation with a tree genius
- one-hour “how to be a successful farmer’s market vendor” workshop with farmers market manager
- massage therapy gift certificate(s)
- ATX Sound Balancing gift certificate (tuning fork therapy)
- Depression glass pitcher
- artisan crafted wood bowl
- Stieff pewter bowl
- one art bird
- Massachusetts Bay handcrafted porcelain
- vintage Yamaha FG-180 red label acoustic guitar with guitar case and new strings
- cold-tolerant Changsha tangerine tree
- adapted-to-our-area olive tree (15 gallon pot)
- Norwegian modern leather and wood recliner
- one-hour native plant ID walk-and-talk (great for newcomers and nature lovers)
- one-hour fruit tree pruning and/or planting class featuring fruit trees that work in our area
- one-hour Vietnamese spring roll workshop in your home (dinner for 4 people)
- pet-sitting service for a two-day weekend
- Y3K-compliant board games
- framed large portrait of Thomas Jefferson
- one-hour beekeeping workshop with the opportunity to view living beehive
- one-hour worm composting workshop
Please check back as this list continues to grow.
Friends and Allies Potluck + Holiday Party + Silent Auction
Saturday, December 14, 2019, 6:30pm-10pm
at the Radiance Dome
108 Royal Way, Austin TX 78737
Here at Friendship Alliance, we have a lot to be thankful for and we want to celebrate the end of another busy year with you. Please join us/ Invite your friends, your neighbors, we’d like to see all of you there!
- This is a family-friendly, kid-friendly Community Potluck. To ensure we have enough food and drink for everyone, please bring food and/or beverages to share. Can’t bring anything? Please come anyway!
- Please: no alcoholic beverages.
- Consider bringing your own cup/plate as part of our zero waste goal.
- Parking is limited. We encourage carpooling.
- Please bring one non-perishable food item for our annual holiday party food drive – all donations go to Hays County Food Bank, in the news here.
- $10 suggested donation at the door. No one turned away for lack of funds. Can’t make it? Consider a year-end gift via our secure donation page on Network for Good.
- Please RSVP as soon as possible. RSVPs are accepted by clicking the RSVP link below to our Eventbrite page and clicking that big green button there that says “Register” … or by emailing [email protected]org.
Click on the RSVP to let us know you are coming –> RSVP
Silent Auction items so far…
- vintage Yamaha FG-180 red label acoustic guitar with guitar case
- Norwegian modern leather and wood recliner (excellent condition)
- professional photography portraiture package
- massage therapy session, with RMT with 40 years experience
- consultation with a registered dietician
- consultation with Texas Certified Landscape Professional and organic gardening expert
- native plant ID walk-and-talk
- cold-tolerant Changsha tangerine tree
- “Austin” pomegranate tree (related to “Wonderful” pomegranate, but adapted to our area)
- Western Soapberry tree (Texas native)
- fruit tree pruning/planting class, with advice on fruit trees that work in our area, including the true name of a peach tree that can freeze solid in full blossom and still bear peaches the same year
- one-hour beekeeping workshop, with the opportunity to view living beehive
- worm composting (vermiculture) workshop
- gluten-free, fresh spring roll tutorial in your home: dinner for 4 people
- pet-sitting services for a two-day weekend
- house-sitting services for a two-day weekend
… and this list is growing. We’ll try to update it as often as possible. Please keep checking back.
Please let us know if you have some thing or service you would like to offer as an auction item. All auction proceeds will go to funding FA’s operating expenses and programs. Friendship Alliance is a 100%-volunteer organization. FA board members and volunteers donate their time, talent and energy uncompensated, for the good of our community.
Tickets on sale now:
This is a rain-or-shine event!
Here’s Stellar with friends, to give you an idea of the music to come:
… we don’t know yet if Stellar is solo or will have some friends who will appear onstage as well.
Signal boost: Initial hearing is now upon us.
Members of the public are welcome to attend.
9am, Monday, August 20, 2018 in the State Office of Administrative Hearings
300 W 15th Street (the William Clements State Office Building, northwest corner of 15th and Guadalupe)
Austin, TX 78701
There’s a bulletin board near the elevators that gives the exact a hearing room.
The backstory from https://www.sosalliance.org/latest-news/992-dripping-springs-permit-referred-to-contested-case-hearing.html
A state administrative law judge will hear arguments for and against the proposed sewage permit, and issue a recommendation to the TCEQ commissioners, who will make the decision on whether to grant the permit and if so, the permit’s terms. The hearing process is to be completed within six months of the initial hearing.
Environmental groups, well users, and downstream property owners have many concerns about the plan, including pollution of groundwater that would adversely affect drinking water, recreation, and habitat for aquatic species. Earlier this year, a dye trace study revealed that Onion Creek supplies water to domestic wells in the Dripping Springs area, and a report was recently published documenting the presence of Barton Springs Salamanders in Onion Creek.
To show your support for a ban on discharging wastewater into creeks that recharge Barton Springs, sign the petition at nodrippingsewage.org.
Protest at Terry Black’s BBQ on Barton Springs Road. Protesters unhappy with the BBQ owners developing 2 wedding venues on a 64 acre lot they purchased in Dripping Springs.
Posted by KVUE on Monday, February 19, 2018
A big name in Central Texas BBQ wants to build a wedding venue near Dripping Springs, but the development's future is in limbo.Brittany Glas reports on the face-off between Terry Black's family and area homeowners on KXAN at 10: kxan.com/live-stream?utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook_KXAN_News
Posted by KXAN News on Tuesday, January 23, 2018